How to Make a Board Game Kickstarter
Board games are a popular hobby, and many people dream of creating their own game. If you’re one of those people, you may be wondering how to get started with a Kickstarter campaign.
Kickstarter is a crowdfunding platform that allows people to raise money for creative projects. In the case of board games, Kickstarter can be a great way to get your game in front of potential backers and get the funding you need to bring it to life.
In this article, we’ll discuss the basics of how to make a board game Kickstarter campaign. We’ll cover everything from choosing a project goal and creating a compelling pitch video to marketing your campaign and fulfilling your rewards.
So if you’re ready to take the next step in your board game journey, read on for all the information you need to know!
|1||Come up with a great idea for a board game||Make sure your game is unique and has something new to offer.|
|2||Design and prototype your game||Create a prototype of your game so that you can test it out and get feedback.|
|3||Write a rulebook and marketing materials||Your rulebook should be clear and concise, and your marketing materials should be engaging and persuasive.|
|4||Create a Kickstarter campaign||Your Kickstarter campaign should be well-organized and persuasive.|
|5||Launch your Kickstarter campaign||Promote your Kickstarter campaign on social media and other channels.|
|6||Deliver your rewards||Make sure you deliver your rewards to your backers on time and in good condition.|
Kickstarter is a crowdfunding platform that allows people to raise money for creative projects, such as board games. If you have a great board game idea, Kickstarter can be a great way to bring it to life.
This guide will walk you through the process of creating a successful Kickstarter campaign for your board game. We’ll cover everything from choosing a game concept to promoting your campaign on social media.
Choosing a Game Concept
The first step in creating a successful Kickstarter campaign is choosing a game concept that is both original and appealing to your target audience.
Determine your target audience
Before you start developing your game concept, you need to have a good understanding of your target audience. Who are you making this game for? What are their interests and hobbies? What kind of games do they enjoy playing?
Once you know who your target audience is, you can start to develop a game concept that appeals to their specific needs and interests.
Identify your game’s unique selling proposition (USP)
Every board game needs to have a unique selling proposition (USP). This is what makes your game stand out from the competition and convinces potential backers to support your campaign.
Your USP can be anything that makes your game special, such as its innovative gameplay, its unique theme, or its high-quality components.
Research the market for similar games
Before you start developing your game concept, it’s important to do some research and see what other games are already on the market. This will help you to avoid creating a game that is too similar to something that already exists.
It’s also important to note that there are a lot of great board games out there, so you need to make sure that your game is truly unique and special.
Develop a prototype of your game
Once you have a good idea of your game concept, it’s time to start developing a prototype. A prototype is a working model of your game that you can use to test out your gameplay and get feedback from potential backers.
Creating a Kickstarter Campaign
Once you have a prototype of your game, you’re ready to start creating your Kickstarter campaign.
Set a funding goal and deadline
The first step in creating a Kickstarter campaign is setting a funding goal and deadline. Your funding goal is the amount of money you need to raise in order to bring your game to life. Your deadline is the date by which you need to reach your funding goal.
Write a compelling campaign description
The next step is writing a compelling campaign description. Your campaign description is your chance to sell your game to potential backers. Make sure to include a brief overview of your game, as well as some of the unique features that make it stand out from the competition.
Create eye-catching graphics and videos
Your campaign page should also include some eye-catching graphics and videos. These visuals will help to draw attention to your campaign and make it more likely that potential backers will click through and learn more about your game.
Promote your campaign on social media
Once you’ve created your Kickstarter campaign, it’s time to start promoting it on social media. Share your campaign page on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and encourage your friends and family to share it as well.
Reward your backers with exclusive perks
One of the best ways to encourage people to support your Kickstarter campaign is to offer them exclusive perks. These perks can include anything from early access to your game to special edition components.
Kickstarter can be a great way to bring your board game to life. By following the steps in this guide, you can create a successful Kickstarter campaign that will help you fund your game and reach your target audience.
Here are some additional tips for creating a successful Kickstarter campaign:
- Start early. The best time to launch a Kickstarter campaign is at least 6 months before you need the money. This will give you plenty of time to develop your game, create a prototype, and promote your campaign.
- Set a realistic funding goal. Don’t set your funding goal too high or you’ll scare away potential backers. A good rule of thumb is to set a goal that is 2-3 times your production costs.
- Be honest and transparent. Be honest with potential backers about your game and your plans for the future. If you’re not sure about something, don’t be afraid to say so.
- Stay engaged with your backers. Keep your backers updated on the progress of your game and be responsive to their questions and comments. This will help to build trust and excitement for your project.
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of creating a successful Kickstarter campaign for your board game.
3. Fulfilling Your Kickstarter Pledges
Once your Kickstarter campaign has ended, it’s time to start fulfilling your pledges. This process can be complex, but it’s important to do it right so that your backers are happy and you can build a positive reputation for your company.
Here are the steps involved in fulfilling your Kickstarter pledges:
1. Order your game components from a manufacturer.
2. Ship your games to your backers.
3. Communicate with your backers throughout the process.
4. Provide customer support after the game is released.
Order Your Game Components from a Manufacturer
The first step in fulfilling your Kickstarter pledges is to order your game components from a manufacturer. This can be a complex process, so it’s important to do your research and find a manufacturer that you can trust.
When choosing a manufacturer, you’ll need to consider factors such as:
- The quality of the components
- The lead time
- The cost
- The minimum order quantity
Once you’ve chosen a manufacturer, you’ll need to provide them with a detailed specification of your game components. This should include information such as the size, shape, and color of the components, as well as the materials that they’re made from.
The manufacturer will then create a quote for you, which will include the cost of the components, the lead time, and the shipping costs. Once you’ve approved the quote, you’ll need to place an order.
Ship Your Games to Your Backers
Once you’ve received your game components from the manufacturer, it’s time to start shipping them to your backers. This can be a time-consuming process, but it’s important to do it right so that your backers are happy.
When shipping your games, you’ll need to consider factors such as:
- The size and weight of the games
- The shipping method
- The cost of shipping
- The customs regulations
You’ll also need to provide your backers with tracking information so that they can track their orders.
Communicate with Your Backers Throughout the Process
It’s important to keep your backers updated on the progress of your Kickstarter campaign, especially during the fulfillment process. This can help to build trust and ensure that your backers are happy with the experience.
There are a number of ways to communicate with your backers, such as:
- Email updates
- Social media posts
- Kickstarter updates
- A dedicated Kickstarter forum
Provide Customer Support after the Game is Released
Even after you’ve shipped your games to your backers, it’s important to continue providing customer support. This can help to resolve any issues that your backers may have and ensure that they’re happy with their purchase.
You can provide customer support through a variety of channels, such as:
- Social media
- A dedicated customer support website
Fulfilling your Kickstarter pledges is a complex process, but it’s important to do it right so that your backers are happy and you can build a positive reputation for your company. By following the steps in this guide, you can ensure that your Kickstarter campaign is a success.
4. Marketing Your Board Game
Once you’ve created your board game, it’s important to market it so that people know about it and want to buy it. Here are some tips for marketing your board game:
- Create a website and social media presence for your game.
- Attend gaming conventions and trade shows.
- Partner with influencers and reviewers.
- Get your game featured in the media.
Create a Website and Social Media Presence
Your website is an important tool for marketing your board game. It should include information about the game, such as the rules, gameplay, and components. You should also include a way for people to purchase the game.
Your social media presence is also important for marketing your board game. You should create accounts on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and post regular updates about your game. You should also use social media to engage with your audience and answer any questions they may have.
Attend Gaming Conventions and Trade Shows
Attending gaming conventions and trade shows is a great way to market your board game. This is a great opportunity to meet potential customers and get your game in front of people who are interested in board games.
When attending conventions and trade shows, be sure to have a booth set up where you can display your game and talk to people about it. You should also bring plenty of copies of your game to sell.
Partner with Influencers and Reviewers
Partnering with influencers and reviewers is
How much does it cost to make a board game Kickstarter?
The cost of making a board game Kickstarter varies depending on the complexity of your game and the number of rewards you offer. However, you can expect to spend at least $1,000 on design, development, and marketing.
What are the steps involved in making a board game Kickstarter?
The steps involved in making a board game Kickstarter are as follows:
1. Design and develop your game. This is the most important step, as you need to create a game that is both fun and original.
2. Create a Kickstarter campaign page. Your campaign page is your chance to sell your game to potential backers. Make sure to include clear images of your game, a detailed description, and a compelling video.
3. Promote your campaign. The success of your Kickstarter campaign depends on how well you promote it. Share it on social media, reach out to influencers, and submit it to relevant blogs and websites.
4. Run your campaign. The final step is to run your campaign and answer questions from potential backers. Be sure to keep your backers updated on the progress of your game and thank them for their support.
What are the risks involved in making a board game Kickstarter?
There are a number of risks involved in making a board game Kickstarter, including:
- Your game may not be successful. Even if you create a great game, there is no guarantee that it will be successful on Kickstarter.
- You may not reach your funding goal. If you don’t reach your funding goal, you won’t receive any of the money that was pledged to you.
- You may have to fulfill your rewards. If you successfully fund your campaign, you will be obligated to fulfill all of the rewards that you promised to your backers. This can be a significant amount of work.
What are the rewards that I can offer backers?
The rewards that you offer backers can vary depending on the amount of money they pledge. Some common rewards include:
- Early access to your game. Backers who pledge a certain amount of money will be able to play your game before it is released to the general public.
- Physical copies of your game. Backers who pledge a certain amount of money will receive a physical copy of your game.
- Exclusive content. Backers who pledge a certain amount of money will receive exclusive content, such as digital art, soundtracks, or expansion packs.
How do I manage my Kickstarter campaign?
Once your Kickstarter campaign is live, you will need to manage it carefully. This includes:
- Answering questions from potential backers. Be sure to answer any questions that potential backers have about your game.
- Promoting your campaign. Continue to promote your campaign throughout its duration.
- Fulfilling your rewards. If you successfully fund your campaign, you will be obligated to fulfill all of the rewards that you promised to your backers.
What are the benefits of making a board game Kickstarter?
There are a number of benefits to making a board game Kickstarter, including:
- You can raise money to fund your game. Kickstarter can be a great way to raise money to fund the development and production of your board game.
- You can get feedback on your game. Kickstarter can be a great way to get feedback on your game from potential backers. This feedback can help you to improve your game before it is released to the general public.
- You can build a community of fans. Kickstarter can be a great way to build a community of fans for your game. These fans can help you to promote your game and spread the word about it.
making a board game Kickstarter is a great way to get your game into the hands of potential backers. By following the tips in this article, you can increase your chances of success.
First, make sure your game is high-quality and has a strong theme. Then, create a compelling campaign page that showcases your game and its features. Finally, promote your campaign through social media and other channels.
If you put in the work, you can make your board game Kickstarter a success. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your campaign today!
Here are some key takeaways to remember:
- High-quality games with strong themes are more likely to succeed on Kickstarter.
- A compelling campaign page is essential for attracting backers.
- Promoting your campaign through social media and other channels is key to success.
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of making your board game Kickstarter a success.
We’ve turned typing into an art form. We don’t just scratch the surface; we type through it, breaking the crust of the conventional and bringing to light the layers of knowledge beneath. Our words are our paint, our keyboards the canvas, and the result? A masterpiece of information that’s as accurate as it is compelling.
We’re a band of inquisitive souls, data detectives, and prose pros. We’re not your average joe with a search engine. We dig deeper, leap further, and stay up way too late for the sake of quenching the knowledge thirst. Our team is a motley crew of expert researchers, savvy writers, and passionate nerds who believe that the right answer isn’t always the first one Google spits out.